POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wierd Science #1 : Re: Wierd Science #1 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 01:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wierd Science #1
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 13 Jan 2008 05:26:39
Message: <4789e75f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Sounds wonderful, but...
>> I'm not sure if speakers or any magnetic device would work in such a strong
>> magnetic field.

Well, it's not a stationary field, and it's well outside the audio
frequency range. And, indeed, if these dudes have out their science
right, the field is virtually invisible to anything that doesn't
resonate at just the right frequency.

[Hmm, I wonder what happens when several homes have these, and their
frequencies clash?]

>   Not to talk about pacemakers or the unknown long-term effects that can
> have on human health.

1. You're standing in a 40 microtesla magnetic field right now.

2. You're surrounded by devices that produce far stronger magnetic fields.

3. Medical imaging scanners often generate fields of up to 3 T, yet show
no known negative effects on human health.

4. According to known physics, most physical materials are very weakly
affected my magnets.

If you want to worry about something, worry about all those migrating
animals which reputedly use the Earth's magnetic field to navigate with...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/